Full Architectural Services
- Pre-Design: I work with you to develop a program of spatial, functional and aesthetic needs and requirements, which can include feasibility studies and masterplanning for future phases.
- Schematic Design: create initial design concepts through floor plans, elevations and perspective sketches. Perform site analysis, prepare as-built drawings, and research zoning and building regulations.
- Design Development: Refine the design to insure a cohesive solution in coordination with structural, energy, and building systems. I can assist you in selecting engineers and other consultants who may be needed. Building materials, windows, appliances and other products are specified. When zoning approval review is lengthy, Design Development can include the documentation needed for zoning application, and these drawings can be submitted to fast track the process.
- Construction Documents: Construction drawings and specifications are fully developed and detailed with all the elements required to meet zoning and building department requirements for Permit Drawing submittal, and for the final bidding and construction of the project.
- Bidding / Contractor Selection: prepare bid instructions and assist in selecting the general contractor.
- Construction Administration: provide field observation and shop drawing review during construction to assure the design is executed as intended, and provide support for issues, changes and questions.
- Custom Design: of casework, furniture, outdoor structures, and other sculptural elements.
Green Design and Consulting
I am a certified Green Point Rater and LEED Accredited Professional and am available as a consultant to architects and builders to provide advising or third party certification for Green Point Rating and LEED rating for their projects.